This is the moment we've all been waiting for...
What bar will Cincinnati Guerrilla Queer Bar transform into queer-love-dance-land next? Where will we express our identities, loves, and desires while interacting with an unaccustomed public?
drum roll please........................
SULLY'S! 700 Race Street (on the corner of Race and 7th)
I know some of you may be groaning...a little wary of venturing to a sports bar mecca of our city...but I beg you, leave your bias behind and get your cute butt to Sully's on Friday night because this shit is gonna be b.a.n.a.n.a.s.
Listen to these deals we've got going:
1. Tell the people at the door you're with Guerrilla Queer Bar and you'll get in FREE.
2. We will have the VIP room to gather in. Just ask someone to point you in the right direction. The VIP room opens at 9 and has it's own private bar. I've heard the bartender is a cutey.
3. If you get there before 9, your first drink is free.
4. If you say you're part of GQB, you'll get a wrist band that will get you 2 DOLLAR DRINKS between 9 and 11.
5. The DJ starts spinning at 9.
6. From 11-12, it's LADY'S NIGHT, and any "lady" will receive PENNY DRINKS. For serious. Pennies. We'll have to see how broadly they define "lady".
In honor of "lady's night" and Kate Bornstein's inspiring appearance during Xavier's Queer Week:
April's Guerrilla Queer Bar will be.... GENDER-FUCKed!
Break out of your gender box for even just one night! Whatever your comfort level--put on a mustache, get out your sequins, or add a little swagger to that walk! One rule-- have fun and don't be mean! Come in your get up, or put it on in the potty! Boys being girls can use "lady's night" to buy penny drinks for girls being boys! Throw those inhibitions out for a night and explore a new identity! Or--of course-- come as you are, everyone is always welcome!
Let's give Sully's a night to remember!
Forward this message to all your friends. Bring your camera. Get there early to enjoy the drink specials. This is going to be the cheapest night of your life. Drink responsibly. Flirt with cute queers. Mingle with other Sully's patrons. Dance the night away. Show Cincinnati the beauty, strength, and vitality of our Queer community!
there are some wonderful queer events coming up:
1. Same-Sex Kiss-in on Fountain Square-- Saturday the 4th!
2. On Monday, April 6th, Matthew Shepard's mother, Judy will be speaking at UC!
3. There will be a rally at UC on Tuesday to advocate for a full-time LGBTQ staff person!
4. April 18th is the GLSEN PROM at the CAC!
To reply to this message, follow the link below: